Lens Misting Up on Inside?

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
My lens is misting up on the inside. I have left the camera with lens connected in my unheated studio over Xmas, that probably has something to do with it? What can I do about it? I've just put it in the kitchen, body and lens separated in the hope that the moisture evaporates? Is there anything else to consider?

Thanks,

If your studio was damp then that might have contributed, or if you got moisture inside the camera & lens before you left them there. I'd be inclined to buy some silica gel (amazon or ebay) and put the separate body & lens in a plastic bag with the silica gel for a couple of days to see if it clears. You could also store them both in the airing cupboard (if you have one). Just be aware of dust & fibres that might enter the camera or lens.

As Toni says, get the lens (and body - if the lens is misted up, there'll almost certainly be some moisture in the body as well) dried out, then to reduce the chances of fungus getting a grip on the kit, leave them in sunlight (it kills the spores IIRC.)

Back