Lens Mounts and New Lenses

T

taint

Hi, I currently have a 50-200 and 18-55 lens, which came with my camera.

I'm new to photography and so I'm trying to find my niche so to speak.

I plan on trying out some 'extreme' sport photography and I'd also like to try out some arty/concept photography (would that be classed as studio photography? No idea).

I've got Samsung GX-10, but last I checked their lenses were pretty pricey. Can anybody please recommend some relatively decent lenses that aren't so pricey and suitable for what I want to try.

Apparently the GX-10 has a bayonette(spelling?) mount, but it's possible to buy a sort of mount converter.. attachment... thingy? If they do infact exist I'm willing to invest in one.

And one last question: Are fish eye lenses as fun as they look?

Sorry for rambling.

Thanks. James :)

Fish eyes are fun once or twice, probably not worth the money for a lens. Get a filter type attachment instead, much cheaper.

Do Sigma do lenses for this camera?

Fish eyes are fun once or twice, probably not worth the money for a lens. Get a filter type attachment instead, much cheaper.

Do Sigma do lenses for this camera?

From what I can see; no. It seems it's a KAF2 mount? Wikipedia even called it a crippled KAF2 mount.. Can't find any Sigma lenses with that mount.

Forgive my ignorance, but how do filters work exactly?

Filters normally screw on to the front part of the lens, you'll see it is threaded. In simple terms they alter the image that come through the front of the camera in the way that things look different if you hold a sweet wrapper in front of a light etc.

KAF2 mount is a Pentax mount so maybe the pentax versions are better value than Samsung? It is also compatibale with Pentax KAF and KA mount lenses, though you may lose some features with these lenses.

Sigma do several lenses for this mount.

Thanks dolomitefan. Any particular lenses you'd recommend getting I look out for?

Back