Lens Mounts

Name
Tom Waterfall
Edit My Images
Yes
I was wondering what Lens companies lens's fit Pentax DSLRS, as i may consider buying a new lens in the future other than my kit lens, i know recent Pentax lenss will fit but what about Tokina,Sigma,Tamron,Nikon,Canon and such.? thanks :) (I have a pentax 100dsuper)

Hi Tom, plenty of lenses out there allmost all of the lens Pentax ever made and could pick up some beaut second hand lens buys on Ebay etc. Plenty of new lens available aswell, of course Pentax for DSLR and 35mm film are all suitable, Sigma has good range, Tamron aswell and some Tokina and Samsung on their new range of DSLR will also fit Pentax, good luck mate... (y)

Thanks :) :) Finally a useful post. I think i may invest in a fisheye sometime, not too wide but yeah.

I have Pentax, and the above mentioned do have Pentax fit, with even more of their ranges to come. Both Sigma and Tamron are soon to launch the 70-200mm F2.8 with Pentax fit. I am drooling at the thought. Also look at the second hand dealers, as they will have plenty of pentax mount lenses to play with, I have got the 55mm F1.8, 135mm F2.5 and 200mm F4, all manual and all excellent.
The big advantage of Pentax mount is that there are millions of K mount lenses out there which will work great with Pentax DSLRs.
also, if you get an M42 to K mount converter, you can use all the M42 thread lenses as well, I have and its great.

Good luck in your search

Back