Lens prices

Name
mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Ime waiting for a Panasonic 100-400,the price has been £1349 at uk dealers,its still showing that price at Wex (no stock though) but digitalrev now have it at £1461.90,i cant buy it as its a trade in job for my current gear,wonder what the price will be when i get it.

The current exchange rate uncertainty isn't going to help you at the moment but hopefully that will settle fairly quickly when people realise that the world isn't going to end after all.

Ime waiting for a Panasonic 100-400,the price has been £1349 at uk dealers,its still showing that price at Wex (no stock though) but digitalrev now have it at £1461.90,i cant buy it as its a trade in job for my current gear,wonder what the price will be when i get it.

If your trading/buying with Wex, they will honour the original price, it's what they did for me when purchasing the D810 a few months ago.

If your trading/buying with Wex, they will honour the original price, it's what they did for me when purchasing the D810 a few months ago.

Cant say i havent been tempted but i have too good a relationship with my local dealer,if gear i buy from him goes wrong he lends me secondhand gear to use while he sorts it,it must be 40 years i have traded with his father first and now him,he always tells me to look at wex prices and he will charge me the same.

Whilst the brief hiccup in UKP value will make a difference I don't think it's just that. DigitalRev move their prices up and down with their supply and demand.

About a year ago I was going to buy a lens from DigitalRev. Several good reviews for the lens had just been published .Price looked unbeatable. Put off the purchase until midweek then went back to their website. Price had gone up over £150 (a little over 10%) so I didn't buy. Price was still cheaper than Wex but only a few quid so I ordered from them. Out of interest I watched the lens price on the Hong Kong site for a few weeks and the price varied almost daily (never back down to the price I'd originally seen). The Wex price didn't have the up and down movement at all.

Cant say i havent been tempted but i have too good a relationship with my local dealer,if gear i buy from him goes wrong he lends me secondhand gear to use while he sorts it,it must be 40 years i have traded with his father first and now him,he always tells me to look at wex prices and he will charge me the same.

Can't beat that for service Mike.

Back