Lens problem any ideas

Name
Paul.
Edit My Images
Yes
I was out yesterday taking pictures at my sons rugby match no problem with the lens (Tamron AF 55-200 Macro) I changed the lens this afternoon to do some architecture shots no problems. Put the Tamron lens back on and now the camera wont autofocus with this lens it's fine with my other lenses. Anyone got any ideas....? The camera I'am using is a nikon d50. Just a bit more info the low battery warning light was on might that have anything to do with it?
Thanks for any advice.

you could try giving the copper contacts on the lens a clean and charge your camera up see if that solves it

-Paul- said:
Thanks guys. How do i clean the contacts and are they the 4 little pins that stick out of the lens?

Yes and the contacts on the body that are in the same place.

One of the ways to clean them is with the rubber on the end if a pencil.

Clean both the lens and the camera body contacts

If you use a pencil rubber, be careful not to drop any fragments or dust inbto the mirror box. Probably better to use a glass fibre contact cleaning brush, available from Maplins and the like. First, try charging the battery.

Also check that the lens is set at it's minimum aperture.

Pheeewww! Thanks for all your help guys. I heeded all your suggestions and it still didn't work. (not your fault) Anyway it had me completely stumped... Then I remembered the A-EL A-EF button One press and it seems to have cured the problem. Thanks again though guys!

Last edited:
I have Tamron AF 70-300 Macro same problem sent mine back came back 3 weeks later and worked for a few days and back to same problem....... sits in cupboard gathering dust.
Will try your cure thanks

Back