Lens service/repair around Derby?

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I have a Canon 17-85mm IS lens that error 99'ing, and it also seems to focus hunt a bit. All this discovered by the chap i had just sold the lens to :( I hadn't used it since before Xmas, but did try it on my camera before selling, and it was OK. Anybody any idea what could be wrong with it? Also, where could i get it serviced/repaired? And how much is it likely to cost? I'm looking for somewhere around the Derby area, if possible. Another possibilty is that the chap that bought it lives in Birmigham, so i could ask him to take it in for repair? Any advice? Thanks.

Lehmans in Stoke-on-Trent is probably your nearest Canon authorised repair centre. Send them an email and you'll get a quote from them.

Bob

Are you sure its not his camera body??? ERR99 Has he used IS before?? as his battery could be low?.........Has he tried it on a different body?.....no point in spending your money before doing some testing!!! By the way I have used Lehmans with no problems in the past.

I used Lehman's recently too for an ERR99 problem on a 400D. Turns out it was shutter problem even though it had only 2000 actuations on it. Due to fact it was out of warranty I had to pay to get it repaired and this came to £160 in total. Turnaround was just over a week from point of order to camera back to me.

Cheers

OK. Thansk guys. Lehman's it is.
Have just requested a quote. Anyone know how much a std lens service costs?
I have asked for the lens back to check over.

Back