Lens shopping complete

Name
Barry
Edit My Images
Yes
Thanks to the nice people at Grays of Westminster I now have a nice 70-200mm f/2.8G AF-S VR II IF-ED Zoom-Nikkor and a Nikon TC-20E AF-S Teleconverter III to compliment my D750.

Now the learning begins but can anyone suggest anything else a novice should have, filters, spare batteries for example ?

What I do need is a decent bag to carry it all in, is there a favourite website or seller for bags ?

Don't bother with filters to start with. A couple of spare batteries is a good idea. Bags - buy any one to start with. It will be both right and wrong. Thus your bag collection will start, and not stop till you've reached 10 at least. No, seriously, bags are better bought after physically seeing and trying them. You need a real camera shop for that.

Bags are boring - but very handy!

Personally I prefer backpacks as they leave my hands free and I can carry much more weight comfortably in them. Others prefer the shoulder bags - but I find that I can't carry much in one and the swing about annoyingly - though many find otherwise.

I like the Lowepro range but there are plenty of other good quality makers out there.

Back