Review Lenses for Hire

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a quite note to highly recommend this company.

I recently went to Finland to photograph bears and knowing that we would be shooting in low light, I decided to hire a Sigma 120-300 f2.8 lens. I spoke to the guys at Lenses for Hire at the photography show and they were kind enough to give me a discount code which reduced the hire cost by 25%. The whole process was very smooth. It has to be done online, but they were quick to confirm the booking. As I live quite close to Maidenhead, I chose to collect and return the lens in person, rather than have it delivered and returned by courier. As Lenses for Hire are very security conscious, the collection was done in a cafe near their premises. Stuart, the owner, was very helpful, explaining the lens, getting the paperwork signed and taking proof of my identity in a very smooth and professional way. The return of the lens was to the Maidenhead depot of the courier company they use rather than directly to Lenses for Hire and again was very smooth. The total cost for a 1 week hire, after discount was just over £100 and I would definitely use this company again if I needed to hire a lens.

Thanks for the recommendation, I'm looking to hire a lens for some sport photography. I have never hired a lens before but have been recommended lenses for hire by friends as well.

+1 from me as well they have been excellent for me every time i have used them :)

I've used them a couple of times, you get great value over xmas & new year with extended hire and low charges - they're coming to present at our camera club next month and I'm sure will get lots of business :)

Another +1.

Ordered lunchtime Wednesday, arrived 10am Thursday ready for the weekend. Nicely packaged, excellent communications detailing the whole process. Very impressed and will definitely use again.

Would love it if they started stocking Sony FE kit in future though :)

Looking at a safari lens Stewart for 20 days July/Aug. Are there going to be any discount codes around that time coming up?

Looking at a safari lens Stewart for 20 days July/Aug. Are there going to be any discount codes around that time coming up?
Pretty unlikely, to be honest. It's our busiest time of the year and we'll sell out of most of the big lenses. Don't need to run promotions at times like that. Sorry.

Back