Lenses for hire...?

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Just saw this and thought it might not be a bad deal for someone or even a “try before you buy”.......

It's that time of year again ... the Lenses For Hire CHRISTMAS SALE.

We're offering 12 days hire for the price of 3. So you can take delivery of your equipment before Christmas, send it back after New Year, and only pay for 3 days.

Full details on our website: http://www.lensesforhire.co.uk/about/xmas2017

Just ordered a Nikon 200-500 to try with this special offer, hope the order goes through okay on Monday when it's due to be despatched. :)

Got me a 50mm 1.2 to play with over Christmas from LFH :) Order and delivery spot on as always.

@StewartR

Well, I am very frustrated as I have rented Canon 24-70mm 2.8II and expecting to be delivered on Friday last week but it turns up today, which is close to a week late!!!! Knowing that I have to returning this on Tuesday which is not acceptable.

I have a very good experience with Lenses For Hire however this time it is disappointing. This is not LFH fault it is DPD who couldn't deliver the lens on time without leaving me enough notice to give him directions to my home. Not only that, they failed to deliver the next day and on Wednesday too. I have sent Stewart PM here but he seems to be ignoring this. I am calling my bank to cancel this transaction.

Last edited:
@StewartR

Well, I am very frustrated as I have rented Canon 24-70mm 2.8II and expecting to be delivered on Friday last week but it turns up today, which is close to a week late!!!! Knowing that I have to returning this on Tuesday which is not acceptable.

I have a very good experience with Lenses For Hire however this time it is disappointing. This is not LFH fault it is DPD who couldn't deliver the lens on time without leaving me enough notice to give him directions to my home. Not only that, they failed to deliver the next day and on Wednesday too. I have sent Stewart PM here but he seems to be ignoring this. I am calling my bank to cancel this transaction.

I appreciate your angst but surely it's DPD who let you down?
Was this the special 12 days for the price of 3?

Sounds to me like LFH have done their end of the deal, it's DPD who are fault so I'm not sure what ringing the bank will do to help. Given how excellent LFH are, I'm sure it will get sorted. Don't forget they are closed over Christmas!

@StewartR

Give Stewart a chance to actually see/receive your comms......it is Xmas shutdown, though I note he was here at 9.47am today.

He is I would be sure work the issue with you to mutual satisfaction.

It is lacking in communication. I know LFH is excellent and I have been renting with them since they are a newly setup company. I wish Stewart could at least reply to my PM.

He's off work and the business is closed until 2nd January, you have the lens to use now, nothing he can do to get it to you last Friday now is there?
Use the lens now you have it and send it back when agreed, L4H will have the opportunity of discussing this with you and dealing with the matter when business is open again.

It is lacking in communication. I know LFH is excellent and I have been renting with them since they are a newly setup company. I wish Stewart could at least reply to my PM.
Give him a break. It's Christmas holidays. His place is shut down. He's allowed some time off. You've admitted it's not his fault.
Sometimes in life s**t happens. He'll look ater you.
Don't panic.

Well on their own website, it clearly states "if you place an order for delivery on Fri 22nd or Sat 23rd, we won't accept any kind of liability for non-delivery". Now that's not to say they won't sort something, but there was a warning in B&W on the offer page. Given since that Friday, there has been a Saturday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, there has been 3-4 non working days of which the courier couldn't deliver, and seemingly couldn't deliver on Wednesday. I think given everything, probably best to cut all concerned some slack (bar the usually very good DPD).

Be aware that if you cancel the payment it is not a done deal. The company will have a period of 14 to 30 days to prove to their bank/ merchant service they acted reasonably and met the terms of the contract. If the bank agree they have been reasonable they will reinstate the payment and re-take the funds from your account. You are better off waiting until they reopen and agreeing a solution together.

Well on their own website, it clearly states "if you place an order for delivery on Fri 22nd or Sat 23rd, we won't accept any kind of liability for non-delivery". Now that's not to say they won't sort something, but there was a warning in B&W on the offer page. Given since that Friday, there has been a Saturday, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, there has been 3-4 non working days of which the courier couldn't deliver, and seemingly couldn't deliver on Wednesday. I think given everything, probably best to cut all concerned some slack (bar the usually very good DPD).

The full entry even warns about this:
Please remember that the postal and courier networks will, as usual, be very very busy in the run-up to Christmas. Every year there is more and more internet shopping at Christmas, but the delivery companies can't predict exactly how much and it's very difficult for them to get their planning right. So it's quite likely that their networks will be stressed and there will be some delays. (Let's just hope there isn't bad weather too!) So we'd recommend that, wherever possible, you should build in a day or two of safety margin at the beginning of your hire.

Our last regular courier / postal dispatches before Christmas will be on Wednesday 20th December. So if you need a lens any time over the Christmas / New Year period, and you need it delivered to you, then you'll need to book it by 3pm on Wednesday 20th December.

We'd prefer not to have to dispatch anything on Thursday 21st or Friday 22nd, because we think that relying on it to be delivered without mishap on Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd is just too risky. If you place an order which requires delivery on Friday 22nd or Saturday 23rd, we won't accept any kind of liability for non-delivery.

Plus, ok it's disappointing, but @robinsslee was paying for 3 days hire and getting the rest for free (ok because the office was closed - clever sales!) He still has got 6 days to use it whilst paying for 3

I took advantage of the long Christmas rental and chose Wednesday 20th delivery, that still gave me through till Jan 2nd with the offer and afforded me the safety net of three additional delivery attempt days prior to Christmas shut down if needed. All was fine.

Interestingly enough a couple of Amazon Prime orders on the 22nd were simply abandoned and refunded by Amazon as they just couldn't get them delivered by Christmas (they were loaded onto vans but never made it).

Back