Review Lensforhire.co.uk Review

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, I got myself a 7d 2 weeks before Christmas as a present to myself.
I did get a kit lens but wanted to go shoot ice hockey on Boxing Day aswell.

After much recommendation from people on here, I finally decided that I was going to get the Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS L series lens.

But then I started to read alot of people complaining about its size and weight even though it gives fantastically clear images, this was a little off putting for me considering its the best part of £1100 2nd hand.

So, i saw the advertisment at the top of the screen for LFH.co.uk I then clicked on this and began to look around.
The site is very informative and simple to use, any questions I had could be answered from the site, picking dates with delivery and collection times was also very easy.

Still abit unsure about this lens, I decided to give them a call.
The lady Kelly (i think) and Steve on the phone was more than polite with me even after the 6th call.
I got lots of advice from them with possibilites to try aswell as any current offers they had on, there was a rent one week get another week free over the Chrimbo period.

So I ordered the lens for 24th December 2010 to my work place, sure enough the lens arrived within the morning.
It was a big box, i did not know how big this lens would be so the packaging could have been paper for all i knew.

It came out of a blue bag, and the box was very sturdy. As i opened the box it was more than packaged from any earth quakes happening.

Inside was all instructions about return and what should be inside the box with a check list.
The lens itself was perfectly clean with a hoya pro filter and collar attached.

When it came to returning it, it was easy than when i recieved the lens.
Called the number for a pick up once it was all packaged away and 3 hours later the lens was gone.

I would just like to say, anyone that is slightly unsure about spending X amount on a lens, see if you can hire it first to see if it suits you.

Excellent service from the lads and ladies at LensForHire.co.uk

Im now looking to spend £1600 on a brand new lens.

I haven't come across anyone that isn't happy with LFH John... although it does push you on to buy what you have hired. Once tried you often want to buy whether it was your want or not, it becomes a need :LOL:

Used Stewart a number of times and all been a pleasure so far too(y)

great review off to f1 testing at the start of feb just looking on there to see about hiring a lens for taking with me. As im looking to get a new nikon or sigma

Same, nothing but good things to say about them.

And I like the no nonsense descriptions with each lens..rather than lifted straight off the manufacturers site

This is really good to know, as I'm planning on hiring a lens from them. Thanks

Thought I'd add to this thread.

My Canon 24-105 lens stopped working so whilst it was away for repair (and/or waiting for a CPN loan) I decided to hire a 24-70 f2.8 as a replacement for a week, partially to see if this lens was as good or better than the 24-105.

Really easy ordering from the website, the lens came well packed in a foam packed box, setup so that you could re-use the packaging to return the item at the end of hire period. The lens came with a user guide, good quality Hoya filter and case if you wanted to remove it. It came with all necessary packaging and labels for an easy return process.

Towards the end of the hire period you get reminder emails. I needed to extend the loan of the lens by one day which was a very reasonable additional £6.

I sent the lens back Royal Mail special delivery and emailed off the tracking number as that was easiest for me. remember to check the insurance level if you do this as it's £500 by default. Upping the cover to £1000 was an extra 50p.

A really easy way to hire a lens and I'll certainly use them again when necessary.

Back