LEO on the hunt

Edit My Images
Yes
Last night was the first time I've used a pop up hide, well its a green pop-up tent but it did the job.

Not really my thing, I'm use to being more mobile, using walls/bushes to hide behind, but it did work ok. Having limited view wasn't good but the owls did fly a little closer.

Was lucky with the 1st one, I was as surprised to see it as it was to see me!! :D.......I nearly clipped the wing, not sure on the wing blur, too much?

I'll be honest, I've cloned a post that ran behind the left hand wing as we look at the 2nd shot, was gutted it was there but it looks to have cloned better than I thought it would.

As always C&C welcome, thanks for looking

LEO TP.jpg

LEO TP (2).jpg

Superb first shot Phil, that stare is brilliant - not ashamed in saying I'm a bit jealous of this!. A bit tight on the upper part of the frame, so maybe consider a little 'cheating'?

LEO-TP-RP.jpg

Make a new layer, go to Image > Canvas size and add 1cm to the top, then clone in some BG using a soft brush at about 50% opacity and keep moving the target point to avoid any straight edges.

Mike

Nicely done Phil, the straight-on eyes are superb and Mikes edit improves the image ... must say you did a fantastic job removing the pole!

very good Phil

Stan

Thanks Stan

Two nice shots Phil

Thanks Steve

Superb first shot Phil, that stare is brilliant - not ashamed in saying I'm a bit jealous of this!. A bit tight on the upper part of the frame, so maybe consider a little 'cheating'?

Make a new layer, go to Image > Canvas size and add 1cm to the top, then clone in some BG using a soft brush at about 50% opacity and keep moving the target point to avoid any straight edges.

Mike

Many thanks Mike, edit much appreciated again (y) I have to admit to looking at the screen just after the shot and feeling relieved it was all in frame :D

Will have a go at adding some to the top and post it up :)

Nicely done Phil, the straight-on eyes are superb and Mikes edit improves the image ... must say you did a fantastic job removing the pole!

Thanks Roger, at first glance I was gutted to see the pole but it wasn't as bad to clone as I thought it was going to be.

great shots

Thanks

2 nice shots Phil.........not at all jealous ;)

Very nice,like Mikes cheat! Not often you see,never mind capture, LEO!
Looks like that hide could get some usage!
TFS

2 nice shots Phil.........not at all jealous ;)

Thanks Bob, just been admiring your Barn Owl shots (y)

There's a pair local but they seem completely nocturnal. I've sat many hours but the birds never fly until darkness, I'm just glad the same can't be said for the LEO's!

Very nice,like Mikes cheat! Not often you see,never mind capture, LEO!
Looks like that hide could get some usage!
TFS

Thanks John

@pooley

Added a bit to the top Mike, looks much better, simple enough to do with the easy to follow instructions, cheers (y)

Long-eared Owl....... by Phil D, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back