Leon Cupra R

I have a massive, massive soft spot for these cars and wish I could own one again - total left-field choice of a hot hatch.

Anyway, I digress....

Really nice light, love the way it picks up the curves along the scalloped side, especially on the side splitter. The rear lights stand out a mile and really add some colour, working well against the more muted, pastely colours in the sky.

The telegraph pole ruins the shot - clone that out immediately :)

The shadows are too dense underneath the car... I can't differentiate between the shadow under the car and where the rear wheel arch begins.

I really like the seperation between subject and background on the right hand side, thanks to the DoF... you can clearly pick out the nose of the car against the hedge and road. The left side though is too close to the hedge so there's no subject separation -if the car was moved forward (towards camera) then the car would stand out better.

A slightly lower viewpoint would have rendered the road in the foreground even more OOF, which would have worked because of the pebbles and grit on the road.

Thanks for the detailed reply specialman, much appreciated. That's certainly some good advice to apply. It was never intended to be a picture, i had parked it up so i could get a sunset picture in the field down the road, as i was walking back to the car i fired a couple of shots off.

Need to find some nice locations to take some car picture, but i'm yet to find anything suitable.

I'll have a go at the cloning, never done it before but im sure its not too difficult, i've got elements 7 and it has that tool. I'll respost the results when its done.

I love these cars had a 210 and a 225. The 210 was black and when clean (rarely) with the red Brembos it was fantastic. Very under rated but id have another tomorrow.

Back