Lesser Redpoll

Like the first two Simon, though need brightening a little for me ... you are getting some lovely visitors. :)

Like the first two Simon, though need brightening a little for me ... you are getting some lovely visitors. :)

Stunning (y) beautiful birds, we don't see them up here much

Thanks Both,

Stef,

First time I have seen them, in the couple of years I have taken an interest in bird photography. I live right on the edge of woodlands and countryside so I do get a nice variety of wildlife in the garden.

Roger

Seem very lucky so far this year with the new visitors.............looking at the photos again they do look darker after uploading on here and a bit on Flickr compared to my un-calibrated monitor. Will have a go brightening the a little.

A quick go at brightening using Flickr software.

Any better?
Perfect (y)

Seems like you're off to a good start re the garden visitors.

We get a good variety in our garden... nuthatch, woodpeckers, greenfinch and goldfinch are regulars. We get the odd Kestrel too as we're on the edge of some rural, privately owned fields to which we have access along with nesting KF about 15 mins walk through a farm.

A hip injury has held me back in the last 3 yrs for hopping over stiles and ducking barbed wire but all looking a lot better for this year (y)

lovely photos the brightening worked a treat

Cracking shots against a lovely background

First 2 both have nice poses, and I much prefer the reposts, nice work

Mike

Lovely birds, Simon. The edits look better to me too though I'm only viewing on the laptop, which isn't a great screen. I'd love to see these birds.

@Jannyfox if you're in South Wales anytime you're more than welcome to call in to take photos, that also applies to anyone else on the forum.

Much better Simon.

Simon, those edits are really good showing off the bird really well :clap:

Russ

lovely photos the brightening worked a treat

Thanks folks for the comments, it's appreciated.

Flickr's Aviary software seemed okay for brightening the edits, saved going back into LR to re-do. Handy to know I suppose and maybe of use to others.

Last edited:
Back