Let's dance before we screw

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
Like them Rob, so is it just the reflections and then flipped in PP and added a warp?

The reflections were done on a sheet of my black perspex (see shot below). You can just see the screws on the perspex. There was a black Lastolite backdrop behind them (to the left of shot), that and the black perspex give a complete black area around the subject, with the reflections from the perspex. The studio flash with diffuser you can see give the light for the good reflection (screws were just stood on their heads).

I used Redfield filters to get the warp. Redfield Filters I used 'Water ripples' (freeware) for #1 and #3, but also used the warp command in CS5. For #3 I used the 'Ripples Magic' filter, which is excellent. That filter also produced this shot, which a lot of people like.

2402120857NPN-S.jpg

I don't want to make light of this - it's not just a question of running a shot through a filter. You need to get a good shot to start with that you can manipulate. the filter bit is easy. The shot above was from a macro shot of a 3mm drop of water and oil shot with a high power macro filter. the water was resting on a CD to get the colour diffraction. The filter just gives a more interesting structure.

_1070089_0951_small.jpg

That's a great set of pictures Rob,like the idea of the dimmer switch as well :)

Back