Lets go back to Italy

Name
Toni
Edit My Images
No
I have an Italian friend who wanted a picture or 2, and she provided the incentive I needed to re-visit a set of pictures I took for some other friends in 2018. My processing inclinations have changed a little since I originally did them, and having a brief to make pictures for her wall made me alter my usual less-is-more approach.

Two of the more interesting things was how well my wife's Olympus E-M10 MkI held up quality-wise against a Nikon D610, just losing out on dynamic range, and also how badly the Nikon held up against the Sony A7III and modern lenses that I use now, noticeable in lack of fine detail, duff corners and relative noise.

There were shot in the Marche and Abruzzo regions. The first few are around Casteluccio del Norcia, famous for its flower fields. The Church is near Lisciano and the stream in the Sybellini mountains national park. This area has severe earthquakes, and there's significant damage everywhere, though many houses are now being repaired and renovated.
Italy Marche and Abruzzo-2439 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr
Italy Marche and Abruzzo-2333 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr
Italy Marche and Abruzzo-2262 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr
Italy Marche and Abruzzo-2280 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr
Italy Marche and Abruzzo-2289 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr
Italy Marche and Abruzzo--7 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr
Italy Marche and Abruzzo-3265 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr
Italy Marche and Abruzzo-3231 by Toni Ertl, on Flickr
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
"Excellent" set of landscape style captures Toni, liking all of these very much.

Lovely shots of a beautiful place. My in-laws are from Le Marche (Macerata) and we have a home up in these mountains (near lake Fiastra), probably close to your shots of the stream. The Casteluccio plains are stunning in all seasons. I'm hoping to get there over New Year.

a beautiful place
It was you who first told me about Casteluccio, and I'm grateful. Last year I really wanted to buy a house near here, but learning Italian was a step too far for my wife, and we settled on France. I slightly regret that, and reviewing the pictures I took in this area made me wish to live there.

It was you who first told me about Casteluccio, and I'm grateful. Last year I really wanted to buy a house near here, but learning Italian was a step too far for my wife, and we settled on France. I slightly regret that, and reviewing the pictures I took in this area made me wish to live there.
I don't think anyone will blame you for buying a house in France! Learning Italian is a step too far for me as well. 24 years married and I still only have the basics. Kids are both fluent though. I'm thinking of retiring and spending more time in Italy. One of my plans is to host photo tours (not run them, I'll get somebody decent to do that part) and Casteluccio will be the highlight. If you don't mind here's one of mine from there taken this Summer
Castelluccio III by Ian, on Flickr
I am jealous you've seen the fioritura though. I am always busy then and haven't managed to catch the blooming of the wildflowers yet.

Back