Let's Go Nuts!!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Some more shots from my recent trip to bonny Scotland. The Jay and squidger where having a right old ding-dong over that pile of nuts!

jay2.jpg

squidger2.jpg

squidger3.jpg

We also put some peanuts out to try and attract a robin or two (never seen as many robins!), and just as I was playing around with my new monopod, this little fella landed infront of me and had a right nosy! I was a bit gutted as i had just taken the 90mm macro off and put the zoom on. Also pretty miffed that I managed to chop then end of his tail feathers off!!

robin1.jpg

Although the robin is missing a bit of his tail that is deffinately my favourite of the 4.
The first 3 are a bit soft but the composition in 2 and 3 is good, and i especially like the position of the squirrel in 3. (y)
What lens(es) were you using?

thanks for the input. They were all taken with the Tamron 70-300. The first 3 were in a gloomy pine forest so i had to hike the iso up to 800 and use quite slow shutter speeds (too slow really) as i didn't want to risk using the flash and scaring them off. The Tamron is only a stop-gap lens until I save up for one with VR!

Back