Lexar USB 3.0 not detected on MacBook Pro

Edit My Images
Yes
My Lexar dual reader has been working like a dream but right now, my Mac cannot detect it (even though I used it to import photos earlier today... from the same CF card)

Please someone help me I'm going crazy! I have looked online and tried all recommendations... I even downloaded and installed the Lexar firmware update software but that says 'no device found' ... the device does not appear on finder, or on Lightroom, but it CAN be seen when I go to About this mac > System report > USB.

Incredibly frustrating!

Well I spoke to their customer support and they recommended calling tomorrow to request a replacement, seems they think the CF slot could be broken because the SD slot is working just fine.... I've only had this reader for about 3 weeks and I bought it because the one I had before it broke after just one use. Are CF readers just incredibly flimsy? I'm very careful.

What are the alternatives? I have a Nikon D700 but don't have the cable as it was second hand - if I could get a cable for it, would I be able to import that way?

What are the alternatives? I have a Nikon D700 but don't have the cable as it was second hand - if I could get a cable for it, would I be able to import that way?

Yes you would, and it uses the older mini-usb type cable, you probably have one (or lots) in the bottom of a drawer somewhere.

Yes you would, and it uses the older mini-usb type cable, you probably have one (or lots) in the bottom of a drawer somewhere.

Thank you! I found a cable that fits (from the charger of my new Philips toothbrush!) Except nothing is happening when I plug it in to the Mac. Hoping there isn't a problem with the card... all of the photos appear when the card is in to the camera.

Is it important to know that I formatted my CF card today? I imported the photos using my Lexar reader (backed them up on to drives) and then formatted it after inserting it into my camera before use. It is only after that, that it has become undetectable. That is the first time I have formatted it as it was a new card.

A toothbrush charging cable may just have the two power cables inside and not the two data cables.

THANK YOU!!! I have used the cable from my toddlers LeapFrog toy and it's working just fine! Thanks so much, I had no idea there was 'power cables' and 'data cables'!

Back