Lexar vs Sandisk

Name
Gregory
Edit My Images
Yes
Ust got a 5d mk3

Looking at either the lexar 800x or the sandisk 60mb extreme..... Any thoughs??

I have used sandisk extreme 60mbs 8gb and 16gb variants around 20 cards in total not one issue with them.? went to china to do a photoshoot with my 5d3 and all images were copied duly back to my pc.

I would also suggest Sandisk - they have never given me any problem. Do beware of fakes though so buy from as reputable a source as possible.

Sandisk always for me.(y)

I use both brands on a regular basis and have done for years and never had a problem with either brand.

Lovely :) I think I'm angled more towards the lexar for price but Sandisc for quality.....

Oh decisions decisions :) cheers chaps

Hi, I only use Sandisk both SD & Compact Flash and have never had the slightest problem with any of them. I can't comment on Lexar as I've never used them.

Another confirmed Sandisk man here. Not had a single problem in all the years I have used them. Ask yourself if the paltry sum you would save buying cheaper cards is more than the worth of several hundred shots lost.

Lovely :) I think I'm angled more towards the lexar for price but Sandisc for quality.....

You asked and the resounding response is sandisc...

Ten yrs.. sandisc only here...

I have had a 60mbs 16gb Sandisk card fail on me so none of the are perfect you pay your money and you take your chance.

Just ordered my cards,

4x 16gb 95mb sandick cards :)

Thanks for your help people apprecieate it

Oh decisions decisions :) cheers chaps

The thing is that you spent a fair amount on the 5DIII, you don't want to scrimp on the quality of the cards.

I will stand alone for Lexar it seems.

Used them, they do they job.
Lexar and Sandisk are both quality products and as such you not going to go wrong with either.

The only card I have had problems with in the past was Lexar, so for me its Sandisk all the way.

I've used both for years and not had any problems with either.

Sandisk's seem to have managed to inflate such a hype bubble that nobody dare touch anything else! Most of those on here who swear by them will never have used anything else because like you they asked the internet and the internet said Sandisk everything else is rubbish!

I used to be in the Sandisk only club but when no moved to my 5dmkii I couldn't justify the cost so now I have a mixture of 8gb lexar's it various speeds a samsung 8gb card and guess what in two years of shooting not a single issue!

Buy branded but don't necessarily by into the snake oil that is the favourite brand.

Final aside only card I've ever have fail was a 2gb Sandisk SD card in my compact hasn't put me off the brand it's just one of those things where statistics catches upto you!

Back