Lg 2 media coverage and deadlines

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Below is for league 2 football coverage only.......

Now I am looking for coverage when I never used to from Accy games..I have discovered.. (and have a couple of questions)

Sundays have little or no pictures of league 2 games in any paper. Hardly a mention let alone pics. .. Probably pointless even sending pics for the sundays unless something spetacular has happened.

Monday papers.. The Sun, Star and Mirror all have sports pull outs (Anyone know any others?) and a double page spread on league 2.. but thats a lot of games on 2 pages and a bit of a lottery as to what gets in.

So for league 2 coverage theres little point breaking my neck sending pics in time for the sundays... Mondays the best bet is the pull outs... Would anyone disagree?

Whats the deadline for Monday papers?
Do Sky sports pay for match images?
Do BBC pay for match images?

Anyone other than the major newspapers I should be sending to?

Tony, BBC and SKY pay handsomely for RL Image use so i would assume they do for Footy.

Never sent to them.. always presumed on contract with big agencies... do they pay for stuff sent on spec?

More investigation required then :)

In 12 months or so ive been shooting footy ive had one pic used in the Sunday's. Im pretty sure they have contracted matches already scheduled for reports with a picture from AI or PA in Sundays Papers.
Mondays are a different kettle of fish, i think your still best sending them during/or straight after the match though, as surely someone else will have something similar, although could be worse. they will still however use.
Think the realistic papers from usage are as Tony said, Sun,Mirror,Star,The Times.
Sky/BBC is a good idea though, as they seem to only hold images for Prem/Champ matches, not 1/2 which is good to approch.

Not sure about Sky & BBC but ITV did (may still have) a deal with Getty's. Wouldnt be suprised if its the same for the others.

Not sure about Sky & BBC but ITV did (may still have) a deal with Getty's. Wouldnt be suprised if its the same for the others.

Thats what I would guess but will pay if they need somehting to go wiht a story...

I've shot league 2 a few times and had a couple of hits on the Sunday, but it was relegation battle time so newsworthy.

Usual games - I'd agree that you are unlikely to get much on a Sunday unless you've gotmsoething very special, but then you'd send that straight away anyway.

I have had a few used in the Sundays, but they have been from Premier League and championship mainly. Only had one league 2 image used in the Sundays and that was from a last day survival for Barnet, so like Tobers a newsworthy story.

I have heard have heard that BBC and SKY pay, but not sure if they take stuff on spec or not, or where to send them.

Unless somehting major happens or its end of season do or die games I dont see the point in sundays.. as said most dont even mention lg 2.. Just send for mondays... I ahve had a few shows in the pullouts for lg 2 so thats prob best bet

just wondered if anyone knew any other possible outlets. ya never know :)

Unless somehting major happens or its end of season do or die games I dont see the point in sundays.. as said most dont even mention lg 2.. Just send for mondays... I ahve had a few shows in the pullouts for lg 2 so thats prob best bet

just wondered if anyone knew any other possible outlets. ya never know :)

Shouldn't you be shipping out dejection?

stanley 1 -3 shrews :LOL:

and its hereford next :(

bitter pill to swallow tonight...just finished my pics as well..

Back