Liège October fair

Edit My Images
Yes
A friend and I went to take some shots at the October fair in Liège. I have to say that we don't really know what we're doing but are learning. We decided to make it really tough for ourselves by going at night and I just used my 50mm lens. Honest critique whether good or bad would be welcome. I shot most at 800 iso which on the D70s is already a bit high if you want anything sharp. The copyright is not there for pretentious reasons, just me forgetting to turn it off in LR.

1) shot at 400 iso
DSC4885-L.jpg

2) 800 iso and I know it's maybe not technically great but I kind of like it for some strange reason.
DSC4909-L.jpg

3)
DSC4990-L.jpg

4)
DSC5129-L.jpg

5)
DSC4994-L.jpg

6)
DSC5110-L.jpg

Last edited:
OK, well, thanks for taking the time to look but to be honest, I give up. I don't know why you can't see them and the lack of interest in photos from less experienced people on here is disheartening (obviously not your case as you did take a look).

are you linking from Flickr?? if so, click on share and then BB code, that worked for me, because just linking the address didn't work and I had the same results than you.

Ah, that's interesting. I'm linking from smugmug and it used to always work the way I'm doing it. I can't see a button for BB code but I'll look more later and see. Thanks :)

God, what a relief! That means you can see them :D and there was me ready to completely give up. I used to love coming here even if I am an infrequent visitor. Thank you both very much for replying, it is much appreciated :)

Nice shots. Especially 4 & 5. Especially the DOF on the ducks !(y)

Back