Liathach (torridon) & Slioch (loch maree)

Edit My Images
Yes
evening folks,

here's a couple of shots from this afternoon. they've been HDR'd because at -9, i didn't fancy hanging about until sunset.

they aren't great, but it was the first time i've been out in weeks due to being snowed in!!!!

Slioch, across loch maree
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Liathach, in Torridon
showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

any C&C most welcome.

cheers for looking

derek

Two great shots there, love the 2nd, the sky is beautiful.

Very nice.

Number two is my favourite but I'm biased as Liathach has to be my favourite munro. A lot of fun to be had and the view (from this side) doesn't really give many clues as to what's up there.

Last edited:
2 fine shots.
Liathach sky is excellent and the light in the Slioch shot is quite magical.

Both excellent, but the sky in 2 just nicks it for me. I've never been up Liathach (too old and knackered now I think) but it looks a fantastic mountain.

Andy

Really love both of those. Two very different shots, but both absolutely spot on (y)

cheers folks

it was just a drive about on the last day of my hols after being snowed in for 3 weeks.

Wow and Gosh
Liked the first a lot and was awed buy they sky in the 2nd
Two excellent shots.

Stunning shot of Slioch. The light is absolutely fantastic and what a depth you have managed, right out to the vanishing point on the lower lying hills. There's no exif on either pic so can you tell me what your settings were? Jeez, I wish I had taken that!!

2 lovely shots, while I like the sky in number 2 its number 1 that gets the 1st place for me..........been facinated with Loch Maree since watching the Natural World episode that was set there.

Stunning shot of Slioch. The light is absolutely fantastic and what a depth you have managed, right out to the vanishing point on the lower lying hills. There's no exif on either pic so can you tell me what your settings were? Jeez, I wish I had taken that!!

from memory, the slioch shot was taken with a 5dmk2 and a 14mm L lens.
it was a combination of 5 exposures using photomatix HDR software. f14 aperture and exposures ranging from 1/20th to 1/250th..... hope this helps.

Back