Review Lidel Camera Bag

Glen

Uncle Glen
Name
Glen
Edit My Images
Yes
There have been a couple of threads on this, but I picked the bag up today and thought I'd do a quick review.

Purchase price £18.99 colour variations (from what I saw) Grey and Navy Blue.

First impressions were in the wrapper it felt quite chunky, once opened up the general looks were not to bad, OK so its not a Lowepro, but for the cost, only a seasoned pro would know its a cheap option. Its quite small and compact too, so nothing too big to lug around.

Its definately got a lot of pockets and zippers etc...some I'm not quite sure yet what they are for.

Here is a picture breakdown with brief descriptions....

Straight out the bag
IMG_8628.jpg

Front compartments, with various pockets, one full length
IMG_8630.jpg

Another full length pocket on the (inside) of the back, this is also padded, you may just squeese a small laptop in there (just)
IMG_8629.jpg

A very usefull rain cover, it looks quite waterproof, it is seperate from the bag and stores in the bottom zip compartment. I suppose you could test how waterproof it is buy chucking it in the sink etc..thus not harming any kit.
IMG_86351.jpg

With waterproof cover in place, neat and tidy
IMG_8636.jpg

IMG_8637.jpg

Last one for the outside, little fly out pouch (X) that the bottom of your tripod sits in, marked are the straps that would hold the rest of your tripod
IMG_8632.jpg

On the inside compartment there are some velcro supports that hold up the comparment cover, should you require this
IMG_8638.jpg

Lots of sections that you can adjust to suit, also some more pockets with mesh type sides
IMG_8640.jpg

Finally a quick fill up of gear, from the left Sigma 10-20/Canon18-55/Carger/350d with 24-105L stuck on/nifty fifty(50mm)/Sigma 70-300/430EX flash. And as you can see still more room....
DSCF1495.jpg

Conclusion, for £19 you cannot go wrong, its worth getting even if you have another bag which I do. It makes a great spare or just handy for myself where I can put a lens on my camera stick it in the bag with a few other bits and bobs and your ready for anything. Its got the added bonus of lots of storage, waterproof covering and teh handy tripod holder. HTH anyone thinking of getting one.

Wow, you managed to fill yours out better than I did. Might have to have another go rearranging things.

With regards to the full length pocket on the outside back of the bag, this is actually space so that you can store the backpack shoulder straps when using the separate detachable shoulder strap to be able to use it as a shoulder bag.

Great review.

Michael.

Aye, just seen that on the pics on the packaging.....:LOL:

Guess that answers everything :D

Excellent round up of this item, cannot imagine theres anything better for such a low price (y)

Yeah, I saw this in this weeks lidl too. Theres a cheap tripod in there aswell with a spirit level on, so if you're poor like me it might be ok! :p

I looked at the tripod when I was there. Very small and light. I extended a leg on it and it felt flimsy. The ties to the centre column rattled as well. As it is small it might do for travelling for which it would be better than nothing.

Could be a cheap solution for a lightweight camera though.

Nice review. I went to Lidl but didn't purchase. I wanted the smaller one but the strap was too flimsy for my purposes.

BTW if cover is not waterproof simply wash in a waterproof additive. Found in any good outdoor store.

cracking review that. if i had a store nearby id have one of those but if i do a 70 mile round trip to get one i lose the bargin price...:bonk:

BTW, does anyone know what the large plastic loop is for (its only on one side...)

Hanging stuff off :)

Like I said mate, great review (y).

I always thought the 7dayshop bag was a bargain at £17, but this really does tip the tables. Great value for money IMO.

Back