Life in South Korea - mostly Wide Angle shots!

Edit My Images
No
I've hardly got out with the camera this year due to the cold weather and being lazy, so decided to go out at night with my new 10-22 at last!

I'll keep adding other shots to this thread as I take them over the next 5 or so months I'll be here.

Wide World by v15ben, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nice, I like the color a lot. How are you finding the 10-22 I was thinking of getting one but I'm worried I won't be able to use it if I upgrade to a full Frame camera at some point.

Very nice, I like the color a lot. How are you finding the 10-22 I was thinking of getting one but I'm worried I won't be able to use it if I upgrade to a full Frame camera at some point.

You're right you won't be able to but I doubt the value of the lens would depreciate too much (obviously that depends on when you upgrade). From what I have seen though it's going to be my next lens, can't wait to get one.

I like this, nice colours.

On first glance it looks to be leaning to the right. It probably isn't though. I can never tell with these fancy wide angle lenses!

I think it is leaning a little right, but honestly that is probably the angle of my building's roof as I used that instead of a tripod.

Thanks for the comments folks. I am really enjoying the 10-22, been playing with it all day today. The quality is great and I can definitely say you'll not regret buying one. I also don't think they depreciate much. I found a lightly used one on here that was only £20 cheaper than I paid brand new on Amazon!

I am really enjoying it, Matt :)
I hope to get out and grab some more night shots with it very soon.

I didn't notice until I got home unfortunately! It does spoil the shot a little, but I still really like it :)

I didn't notice until I got home unfortunately! It does spoil the shot a little, but I still really like it :)

I still like it too (y) it's just that would have been the icing on the cake (y)

My Brother spent a year in Seoul, didn't appreciate some of the great scenery until I saw his photos & videos - especially the winter shots!

It really is a beautiful country outside the cities. Some of the mountains/coastal areas are on a par with many more celebrated places :)

Cheers, Matt.
I played around with a few different exposure and white balance settings, but this was my favourite in the end.

Thanks very much and I have to agree.
That shot was actually a reflection in a lake so taken into the water, but with the hood I'm finding it great shooting into the sun with the 10-22.

I'm loving some of your shots Ben (Don :)) especially East Sea by Moonlight, gorgeous.
In fact I'm starting to think maybe I should start saving for a wide angle lens for my India trip in November :thinking:

PS yes do post more if you get time!

PPS your Flickr shots are lovely, the ones with the rain, at night (taxiii, puddles etc)

Last edited:
Thanks, James.
I'd definitely recommend the wide angle lens.
They're quite costly, but I love mine!

Back