Life in South Korea - mostly Wide Angle shots!

Wow your photos are incredibly inspiring, and I've seen that purple lambo shot before!

Will be subscribing for more updates :)

Thanks guys. I feel like my night shots are improving, though Blue Hour was helped by an amazing Canon 500mm F4 lens I borrowed!

I'd certainly say it wa work thi (y) that works rather well (y) I'd be temped to loose the dark bit at the bottom (y) it's a shame about the blown advertising signs maybe consider a layer mask to expose them correctly or a series of shorter exposures and stack them into a single image (y)

Matt

I definitely need to learn more about editing for these kinds of shots. Currently use Photoscape which is OK, but can't help with the blown highlights that you always find on at least one building in a city as bright as this one!

I need to be braver to lose the black bit, that is the end of the building with an 11 storey drop onto the road below :)

Fantastic results again (I've seen these on Flickr way before here now :p)

What sort of PP do you do out of interest? I need to get my shots up to standard!

Thanks guys.
As for PP I don't do that much. I try and get as much of what I want in the camera. My PP is usually just increasing the contrast, sharpening and sometimes adding a filter.

Your shots are still awesome Don - Blue Hour & Industry I love to bits.
Hope to see lots more (and I'm still saving up for that wide angle lens)

There'll be a few more, James, but I only have about 50 days left on my contract before I fly on to something new.

Just found this thread, its great to see different types of photo's. All excellent IMHO.

Good idea, Jacob.
Is there anywhere near the train station or one of the more modern towers where you could sneak in? :)

there are a couple of roof top cafes around Hoan Kiem Lake that I have been meaning to try, it just seems to be raining a lot at the moment after around 4pm :( and I'm off to Sapa later so it will have to wait for a few days now, maybe the rain will stop by then haha (hers to wishful thinking)

Loving the dark night rises mate that is perfect the exposure is spot on (y) hopefully you'll be able to get connections on your travels as I'm looking forward to seeing photos from your tour of Asia once it starts (y)

Matt

Jacob: Hope you get some good shots and also enjoy Sapa. I can't wait to visit that area.
Matt: Thanks for the comments about Dark Night - I really like it too. I'll try and get online whilst travelling, but my plan is to focus on travel and post photos as and when I get chance. I'll probably post more when I'm back in the UK next year.

Jacob: Hope you get some good shots and also enjoy Sapa. I can't wait to visit that area.
Matt: Thanks for the comments about Dark Night - I really like it too. I'll try and get online whilst travelling, but my plan is to focus on travel and post photos as and when I get chance. I'll probably post more when I'm back in the UK next year.

That's fair enough :D still be great to see when the do go online :D

Back