Life Style Portrait

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
I don't normally post on the people section but I thought why not :)

This was a couple who came in for a portrait but we decided to get out as it was a nice day, especially if you like lying on a dirt track!

IMG_1791-Edit-753080.jpg

Where do you live? Mars? :)

Nice shot, but I'm not too sure about the sky processing. Different though...

Cool. I really like it. I imagine the original to be nice, nice composition:clap:

Important thing is...Do they like it? Its a good shot and has a certain something - sky not to my taste but if the subjects like it then its a good job done!!!

A little post nuclear for me :D

The concept and composition is great just find the fake sky very off putting, also seems off axis too, maybe a slight tweak anticlockwise could help, looks like the man is leaning to the right too much.

Either a HDR version of the original sky would look better or a bit of selective colouring would work better.

Some interesting responses there.

The girl was quite into quirky stuff and she really liked it, a point dark star touched on and I guess the customer is always right. As always thanks for your thoughts chaps

I don't say it often (enough) but I like this! Surprised it was a nice day though, but it's cool.

I think you should post in this section more often Pete, I love it, yeah its a bit different, but differnent can be a good thing.

I also like your processing style which I have seen in your other work as well.

Having said all that it would be nice to see what the shot would look like with a regular blue sky.

Ask and ye shall receive Lee :)

I'm not into this one as much, I did a colour isolation version with just the balloons that looked ok, an overused technique IMO but the clients liked it, see what you think

IMG_1794-Edit.jpg

Both shots are great but I really like the first one. It IS different and that's what this game is all about, taking the norm and doing it a different way. As the customer also likes it it's a winner :) :clap:

Second one by a mile for me. That's ace. Though the bloke looks a bit 'reluctant' (like I would be having to pose like that with mrs dangleman :) )

The second one my a country mile, although the sky looks overly processed on my screen and could do with being lighter IMVHO.

#2 for me by a long way, but
if the customer prefers #1 :shrug:

#2 for me by a long way, but
if the customer prefers #1 :shrug:

You have two choices. If you're happy having your name associated with a shot, then give them what they want. If not, then don't. I'd be very wary of providing shots that I wasn't happy with, one customer may like it but then many more might not and may be put off your photography by a false perception that this one shot was typical of your style. Sometimes the best sale is the one you walk away from.

true enough
but...

you may put off one set of customers
and attract another hence the :shrug:

easier if you have too much work, but when times is 'ard, ya gotta earn a crust!

I'm not too sure about the sky in the first but the overall idea is great and if the client likes it you've done the job so (y)

Really like both of those and I'm sure the client was well pleased, nice to see someone not doing the plain white background thing.

I keep coming back to this and there's something I really like about the first, and think a lot of it is to do with the processing and colours, for example the balloons seem a lot bolder in comparison to the second.

Saying that if someone asked me what would I do if I had to change it, it would simply be to turn the colour of the sky back to blue and white clouds but and keep the darker processing.

Not sure if I've put across what I'm thinking, and don't have the PP skills to show it.

Anyway top job (y) and as I said before post in this section more often please :D

Really like both of those and I'm sure the client was well pleased, nice to see someone not doing the plain white background thing.

Yes, i agree also :)

I love both of them, really lovely bought together and executed. well done :)

:love:

ahhhhhh those are so kewl! i love the mars one :D:D:D- so 'out there!' really grabs the attention! the 2nd one is so sweet too!

The more i have looked at these images the more i like them both, the fake sky in the first has grown on me a little but the second is by far the better of the two.

Care to share how you obtained the look and feel for both images?

no.1 makes me think of 99 red balloons, it's the apocalypse and balloon thing I guess.

no.2 says quirky rom/com poster to me.

Both are great shots and as has been said, it's really good to see the mold being cracked in the portrait world and EVEN better again that it's selling. :clap:(y)

Back