Lifeboat station.. The re-take..

Edit My Images
Yes
After I had gone out yesterday to have a play with my new B & W 10 stop filter, and then coming home and posting them..I realised that I wasn't happy with them, so I went back out this morning and put a lot more thought into the image before re-taking it.

thanks for looking, Steve.

7186691970_a95a7fe913_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone, here is one from the other side during the golden hour..

7188355532_9bd3dc1ecb_c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Beautiful images, thanks for sharing!

Tony

I much prefer the second shot

As I said elsewhere - I didn't think there was much wrong with the inital shots so well done for getting out there again and bettering them.

Thanks for the replies Tony, Alf, Phil & Greg.....( greg, it's not that far from you really..you should to make a day of it and do the lifeboat station, windmill at halnaker and racton ruins. )

Steve-B said:
Thanks for the replies Tony, Alf, Phil & Greg.....( greg, it's not that far from you really..you should to make a day of it and do the lifeboat station, windmill at halnaker and racton ruins. )

Where abouts is it??

Where abouts is it??

The life boat station is at east beach selsey, come off the A27 at chichester and just head to selsey one road in one road out ( about ten mins from a27..) a lot of photographers that come to photograph the lifeboat station carry on and do some of the other local photogenic things..

Me, I just look out of the window early morning and if the sky looks good I nip down to the beach...

I like #1 very much. It has a very calming quality. But a couple of things - I think it looks better with the empty sky at the top cropped as it gives more emphasis to the horizontal lines of the walkway to the hut. You still keep the horizon line of the sea roughly on the third line. The hut looks rather dark, and my eye keeps being drawn to the bright left side. I think lightening the darks on the hut improves that slightly. Excellent shot though.

Edit with crop and hut lightened.

edit2.jpg

I like #1 very much. It has a very calming quality. But a couple of things - I think it looks better with the empty sky at the top cropped as it gives more emphasis to the horizontal lines of the walkway to the hut. You still keep the horizon line of the sea roughly on the third line. The hut looks rather dark, and my eye keeps being drawn to the bright left side. I think lightening the darks on the hut improves that slightly. Excellent shot though.

Edit with crop and hut lightened.

edit2.jpg

Thanks for the edit Rob. Whilst I like it and think you have made a good job of it, That side of the hut sits on the shaded side and is quite dark at that time of the morning, just before the sun come up, when you have that lovely coloured darkness in the sky, which is what I was trying to capture...( as thats what I used to see and enjoy so much when heading off fishing in the semi darkness )

Steve.

Ok, im goin to take a trip there! Amazing :) many thanks

If you are coming up this way for the lifeboat station and there is there are some nice fast moving clouds it's always worth a trip to halnaker windmill, as some nice long exposures can be had of the windmill..

Steve.

Back