lifer (bearded tit)

Edit My Images
Yes
it's late 11.00 pm ive got to get up at 4.30am . but i cant controll my excitment after id finished these.

as ive never seen them before untill friday it must have been my lucky day to get these.

40d 600mm scope + 2xtc hand held on the bird hide window ledge. :D

cropped 50% .

bearded-tit.jpg

bearded-tit-fm.jpg

after looking at other shots i did with stacked tc's i could get better si im going back week on monday. (y)

many thanks
jason

Well done Jason - lovely birds. (y)

Those are lovely - something I've never seen! Well done - no wonder you are excited!

Excellent stuff Jason... (y) ... one of life's difficult species to see let alone photograph... ;) ... good work that man... :D

:p

Excellent birds, you did well to photograph them as they can be flighty and hard to see.

2 real nice shots there.. well done on getting them :)

Truly fantastic shots, the first time i have been so close.:clap:

Great captures Jason.(y) Its great when you get really excited about your photography ,shows your enjoying it and this makes it all worth while :)

Thankyou for all the comments.
Hopefully i will be going back on monday depending on the weather and getting some more closer shots of these beautiful birds.

Lovely :)

I was keeping a look out for these beauties while I was going around Pensthorpe yesterday. But nothing caught my eye. It's one bird I'd love to see, so I'm a tad jealous ;)

Gorgeous pic's never seen these birds before but they are lovely :)

The first shot is a real stonker of a pic. Excellent. Badger :)

I know you said you rested on the hide window ledge, but hand held!, they are fantastic:)

Nice shots given the habitat, yo were always going to get a stem or 2 in the way in a place like that. (y)

Excellent captures and very well spotted.

Great shots saw them at minsmere last year what beautiful birds

Great pictures, especially from hand-held - well done :)
You got a really good view of them too considering how elusive they are (y)

Lovely :)

I was keeping a look out for these beauties while I was going around Pensthorpe yesterday. But nothing caught my eye. It's one bird I'd love to see, so I'm a tad jealous ;)

Jo, Pensthorpe had these in the aviary when i last went there, that where i got my shots from, technically better than Jason's but i just dont count them as they are not wild, Jason's shots are far better in my eyes because they are wild, and took some effort to get, he is justified in being chuffed to pieces with them :)

Heres a captive one !
Bearded_Tit3.jpg

I bet the aviary is the room to the right as you go through the shop? :LOL: I was told to keep to the left with my scooter so I missed that bit. But next time we go I should be able to get in that bit at least. I don't see why they said not to tbh.

Jo, Pensthorpe had these in the aviary when i last went there, that where i got my shots from, technically better than Jason's but i just dont count them as they are not wild, Jason's shots are far better in my eyes because they are wild, and took some effort to get, he is justified in being chuffed to pieces with them :)

Heres a captive one !
Bearded_Tit3.jpg

thanks again for looking and very kind comments (y)

i can totaly appreciate what you're saying ian and with your tit shot which i would be happy with.

same bird but worlds apart.

many thanks

I bet the aviary is the room to the right as you go through the shop? :LOL: I was told to keep to the left with my scooter so I missed that bit. But next time we go I should be able to get in that bit at least. I don't see why they said not to tbh.

When i was there last year Jo, the aviary was outside on a path near the ornamental garden, may have changed by now but the views were fantastic.

Jo, the aviary was on the right of the shop when i went, i cant see any reason you couldnt get in there, i think they would have diverted you round as you wouldnt get out the gate at the other end, might be worth mentioning you want to see the aviary and can come back through the shop to go outside ?

Back