Light a large area

Edit My Images
No
On of my other hobbies is collecting old farm machinery, I have a number of tractors and implements in a shed with no natural light. When I take photographs using flash the machines are poorly lit so I want a Cheapish way to get light.
One of my thoughts was to get some strip lights with daylight bulbs as I could then use them elsewhere on the farm afterwards. Would that work? Any advice wold be welcome.

Buy a big (and surprisingly cheap) Metz flash off eBay. You can trigger it with a flash sync lead or shoot at night with a long shutter speed and paint with light using the flash or a powerful torch.

Mike

Rockman
Thanks for the advice, I bought a Metz off eBay as you suggested. I then had to get an attachment to make it compatible with my camera.
The issue is that it will not work automatically with the camera, but, I spoke to Metz and have been experimenting with it in manual as they advised and think I am getting there. The thing I can't believe is what good value it was compared with an equivalent new one.
Thanks once again
B&T

Off camera lighting is a life long topic, and this is one of my biggest passion. There's no easy fix, but you have to learn it along the way. I see you live in Sutton Coldfield. Why not come down to the new camera club I opened - the first meet next weekend (follow the link in my sig for the club thread). I can show you a thing or 2 that you'll find useful. If you are interested, drop me a line :)

Keigo

Back