Beginner Light and wedding photography

Name
Fabien
Edit My Images
Yes
I am just starting to learn about light and so far what I have learned is that finding the right light is very important in photography, hence the word photography: drawing with light.

The course that I follow also says that waiting 10 min could make a huge difference in the lightning and quality of the photo.

Now, this question is mainly aimed to wedding photographers. your job is to capture the moment so how do you work with light if the natural light is not that good?

That's one of the great challenges , and where possible I use off camera flash

That's one of the great challenges , and where possible I use off camera flash
Even for outdoor?

I guess experience is the best way to learn but is there ressources to learn the theory that you could recommend?

Usually outdoor never really is a problem and if there's really bad overhead strong sunlight then there is always shade somewhere to put them but sometimes you just have to make the most of a bad situation . Best resource ? Lift your camera and get out there but rather than looking for good light look for bad light and see what you can do with it , at the start I found the biggest battle to be "seeing" good /bad light as obvious as it seems.

And to add yes I use flash a lot outdoors but I love the look of off camera flash though some people don't

Even for outdoor?

I guess experience is the best way to learn but is there ressources to learn the theory that you could recommend?
Go to the Photography Show, where possibly the greatest natural light wedding photographer will tell you how he does it. See here.

For us lesser mortals, it's about looking for interesting light, positioning ourselves to use it, or adding flash or other malleable light sources to create our own.

Back