Light Ghosting!

Edit My Images
No
I've been doing quite a lot of light painting recently with my Uni Photography Society, so ended up doing some experimentation under a motorway bridge this weekend - pretty pleased with the results :)
What do you guys think? Open to crit.

#4 - couldn't resist a bit of editing here, my Photoshop skills are improving, hehe

There are a few more on my Flickrstream if anyone's interested :)

Oh, and I edited them basically on Photoshop Elements 7.0, then uploaded to Picnik and gave them all a bit of a boost.

2 & 4 are pretty cool.

The plain backgrounds are probably appropriate for the effect but I think these could do with the colour temp cooling down a bit to make them appear more ghostly & sinister.

Showing lots of creative flair (y) just the kind of things that I love (y) :clap: the only thing that puts me off a couple of them is the blown areas :shrug: on parts the lighting has just been kept in position a little too long :bang:

Matt
MWHCVT

(y) All very creative and it's an effect that you could have loads of fun with - I'd love to see some of these done in a cemetery!!!

4 really stands out for me - great bit of PP works and I think that the plainer background really helps.
No.1 is probably my second choice. The ghosting is very effective in that one, but it's let down a bit by the bright red graffiti for me.

Thanks guys, your comments are appreciated :)
These would look awesome in a cemetery, that's something to think about!

the only thing that puts me off a couple of them is the blown areas :shrug: on parts the lighting has just been kept in position a little too long :bang:

We were using a single flash from an off camera hot-shoe flash hence the intensity, but yeah, I think that's something we could change next time.
And I hate that red graffiti too... Haha

That is a very novel twist on what is a favourite photography method. Well done!

Now I want to try and do the same thing for myself. The cemetery idea sounds brilliant!

Back