Light *HDR WARNING :P*

Hi,
I do like HDR for architecture purposes, but unfortunately I think this is too grunge like and over saturated.

Perhaps if you were to reduce the strength of HDR and tone down the colours to be more realistic, it may work better

Cheers,

andy

Way too OTT for me, needs to be dialled down to around 7 for me, I think your at about 20. The second shot needs the building on the right of frame cloneing out, but I like the comosition of the others.

I do quite like HDR, but as the previous posters have said, this is too much. The halos around the buildings in 3 and 4 are particularly unpleasant.

very ott for hdr but if used on the right picture then so what. I like them. unusual
3 and 4 for me

many thanks all,
I have given it another go and tried not to over cook it but still get the HDR look.... if thats possible :p

St James by niallrbroome, on Flickr

Market by niallrbroome, on Flickr
this one looks wonky but is infact straight, the whole place was off level and this is the best i could get haha!

*** by niallrbroome, on Flickr

and i have to over cook one...

Market by niallrbroome, on Flickr

thanks

I like them! Agree about the halos. Are you using photomatix... push the micro-smoothing, and/or ummm... the other smoothing slider over so it smooths the large areas and sometimes gets rid of the halo.

Other ways are overlaying or blending the original with the processed and playing with the opacity can work sometimes. Or the good ol clone brush and a bit of patience.

I think all of them look great :)

Thanks

I like them! Agree about the halos. Are you using photomatix... push the micro-smoothing, and/or ummm... the other smoothing slider over so it smooths the large areas and sometimes gets rid of the halo.

Other ways are overlaying or blending the original with the processed and playing with the opacity can work sometimes. Or the good ol clone brush and a bit of patience.

I am using Photomatix, have only just started playing with the sliders so will have a look at that next time im editing, cheers for the tip (y)

I quite like the first image. Very obviously HDR but somehow doesn't assault the eyes. The rest I feel are too much I'm afraid. Some serious halos going on in places too.

Back