Light Orbs/light painting

It looks like you need to work on your spinning technique a little, but that said not as much as I need to :LOL: but I like the locations that you've selected (y) they work well (y) you may also want to consider some white balance correction on these, on that last one what is that light pink areas at the bottom right of the image?

Matt
MWHCVT

It looks like you need to work on your spinning technique a little, but that said not as much as I need to :LOL: but I like the locations that you've selected (y) they work well (y) you may also want to consider some white balance correction on these, on that last one what is that light pink areas at the bottom right of the image?

Matt
MWHCVT

Practice makes perfect as they say,and I still need a bit more practice...the pink bit bottom right was down to me not noticing my crop/rotate schoolboy error.:wacky: This is better

HEAVENLY LIGHT by jazzbeardie, on Flickr
The WB I will have to work on,again practice. Thanks for your promising comments.

Great first Orbs mate, keep them going! Liking the locations for 3 and 4 so a possible revisit again when you get the technique spot on would be pretty good! What kind of light source set-up do you use? (I'm always intrigued by other peoples tools :D)

Last edited:
Very nice shots and a good idea well executed. How do you manage to avoid getting a ghostly image of yourself as you spin the light around? Do you just keep moving slightly to avoid getting caught on the exposure?
Basically yes...keep moving and wear dark clothing seems to do the trick.On saying that I wasn't moving that quick...never do anytime..:LOL:

Great first Orbs mate, keep them going! Liking the locations for 3 and 4 so a possible revisit again when you get the technique spot on would be pretty good! What kind of light source set-up do you use? (I'm always intrigued by other peoples tools :D)
I used a small led torch with the end removed so the bulb was exposed and also used a blue led torch.Seemed to do the trick. All new to me so early days,but had great fun doing it and really want to get out and do more.And domes.

Thanks for your comments guys..(y)

Back