Light Painting - Orbs and Wire Wool spins

Name
Myk
Edit My Images
No
Last week a few Bristol Flickr group members went out and did a bit of Light Painting photography......here are a few of my shots from that session.

It was all good fun and we plan on going again soon.

5778435958_695219da07_z.jpg

5777893025_f973706fd0_z.jpg

5778209937_f810f05c4b_z.jpg

5778211575_c7b0cf8736_z.jpg

Do you have any tutorials about how to do these photos? It's something I've fancied having a go at, but never quite worked out how to make it happen.

These are great, creative and very appealing.

The orb in the first picture is very nice! I've never tried one before because I recon it would be quite difficult to get it symmetrical, you've done a good job Myk!

Those recent two shots in post 16 are so abstract, don't look like photographs at all!

Jeff.

The orb in the first picture is very nice! I've never tried one before because I recon it would be quite difficult to get it symmetrical, you've done a good job Myk!

Those recent two shots in post 16 are so abstract, don't look like photographs at all!

Jeff.

Thanks Jeff

The circular orbs are tricky until you get the knack, and that takes time and practice.

The two 'colour swirl' shots were done on our kitchen floor in the dark with the camera on the ground and then a colour changing glo-stick is spun randomly but directly above it. Some results are naff, but others like these are fantastic.

Myk

If you don't mind me asking, where did you buy the colour changing light stick from, Myk? They sound very fun to use!

May have to try and get some practice trying the orbs.

Well done again for the nice images.

Jeff.

Last edited:
Back