Light Painting with strobes - Abandoned planes this time!

Name
Adam Swords
Edit My Images
Yes
A follow up from the previous topic I posted about light painting abandoned trains (http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=53800)

I took a trip to Long Marston airfield and managed to be granted access to the compound where they store a number of old jets and helicopters. Here's a couple from my visit.

This little guy reminded me of budgie, the cartoon helicopter. He was smiling away through the whole photoshoot, despite the rain and cold weather!

Worth the trip to flickr to see these larger :)

Do you have a lot that didn't come out too well or is getting the light balanced easier than it looks?

Budgie, i remeber that! I used to have budgie wallpaper and bed cover! These are amazing pictures with a lot of mood in them. Helicopter one for me as i like the way the rotor blade draws you to the helicopter.

Wow, a hawker hunter and wessex. surprised they havnt been restored. i hate seeing aircraft graveyards with old classics rotting away.

there is one in argentina which has me-262's, meteors, spits, everything. Just rotting.

Back