Light Seals for RB67 Pro S

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all,

The RB67 restoration is going well, the overwhelming majority of the paintwork is done, and it has been cleaned inside and out for dust and stray oil marks. The one major barrier to me getting out and shooting some roll film is the poor condition of the many, many light seals.

I am actually happy to have these done professionally, because this is such an expensive camera and I've never done it before, so first thing I'm looking for is a recommendation for a repair shop in South London (ideally) where I can have this done for a reasonable charge.

However, I'm also considering learning to do it myself (as I'm sure anyone who has done it before will also encourage me to do), so I'd love to hear any first-hand experience of where to buy seals and how tricky/forgiving it is learning to do it first-time.

In other slightly off-topic news, I picked up the 180mm Sekor C for £60 on the weekend to compliment the 90mm Sekor C it came with, so I think I'll try my hand at some portrait work, which will be another film-first for me!

Cheers!

I don't know how different the light seals for the RB67 are compared with other cameras but I've always used a guy on ebay who trades under the name of interslice, he's always incredibly helpful and al the kits he's supplied have been easy to fit with very easy to follow instructions. If he doesn't have seals for the RB67 listed on ebay, just drop him a line and he'll let you know if he can supply it.

In fairness, it was from June 2008, so it's definitely dropped off the radar a bit :LOL:

I replaced the lightseals on my RB67 without any problems. It's a little fiddly in places but is pretty easy to do. Not worth sending out to get done :)

Back