Light through the window

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I have been meaning to try this shot for a while now. How do you think they came out?

3221148756_6acfe107fd.jpg

3221145406_fc340cd347.jpg

i like the idea...(y)

i prefer the 2nd myself .. i think its the lighter face.

md(y)

Very noir.

The pose and the focus on the eye seems to match the lighting and atmosphere more in the first one than the second. You could almost build a story round it. I'd maybe experiment with increasing the contrast.

Composition wise the first has it, but there's not enough fill light on the face in my opinion.

Good work - but a reflector bouncing some light in would have made the shot sing.

Cheers,
James

Thanks guys for the positive comments, I tend to prefer the composition of the first but the light of the second. I need to get a reflector...(adds it to the list).... The trouble is my model...lol is getting less and less patient as my skill and knowledge slowly increases so as i want to try all manner of different things he does not!! and the youngest just wants to touch the lens the whole time or crawl away...lol

As said.. a fraction more light on the back of the face and No.1 has it for me! (y)

I really like the first ione too and I would agree with Janice's comment and perhaps to boost the contrast a little teeny bit. Nice shots.

Back