Light Trail @ 8mm with added police factor :D

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Well today was my second day of being the proud owner of a Samyang 8mm Fish Eye, and having resisted doing a light trail for my Challenge 366 - 2012 for over half a month :naughty: so it was about time that I had a go, especially since there have been so many posted on TP recently (y)

18/366 (383) by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As this was done with the 8mm not all the exif is there so the basic settings for this image were f/22 - ISO100 - 55 Second Exposure

As with all my photo's C&C welcomed and appreciated (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Congrats on the purchase - from this excellent result it looks like you and that lens are going to get on famously

Congrats on the purchase - from this excellent result it looks like you and that lens are going to get on famously

Thanks Andrew, I'm very pleased with it :D I'm pleased that you like this (y)

I'm looking forward to a clear night so I can give it whirl at star trails, I have the feeling that 167 degrees FoV will make something really nice :D

Matt

Loving the "police factor". Well done for not being huckled by my colleagues.

Loving the "police factor". Well done for not being huckled by my colleagues.

Thanks Ray I'm pleased you like it (y) and your colleagues have never been an issue for me, yeah I have plenty of meetings with them while trailing, but none of them have been bad meetings (y) more just interested in what I'm up to :LOL: and besides these ones were doing well over a ton :LOL: they wouldn't have even seen me :naughty:

Matt

Must have left their donuts at home :)(Thought i'd say it before someone else does.)

This is really great Matt, I like the mix of colours in the lights, as well as the detail retained in the sky.

Very nice Matt.. the lens looks like a keeper.

Must have left their donuts at home :)(Thought i'd say it before someone else does.)

:LOL: :LOL: So long as they were not rushing for them Krispy Kreme rubbish then that's okay (y)

This is really great Matt, I like the mix of colours in the lights, as well as the detail retained in the sky.

Thanks, I'm really pleased with it I got on location early so I could check composition in daylight and wow it's amazing just what you can fit in :D

Matt

Very nice pic Matt, looks like the lens is up to the job

Thanks Darren, I'm giving the lens a real work out this week getting used to it (y) it works a treat :D

Matt

Cracking image Matt, nice one! I thought your 366 was due a good light trail!

Cracking image Matt, nice one! I thought your 366 was due a good light trail!

Thanks Adam, I thought that it was about time that I kicked it up a gear for the first light trail of the challenge, I managed to go a whole half month without a light trail in the challenge, I only went 7 days last year :LOL:

Matt

Great work as usual Matt :clap:

I look forward to seeing where you go with this lens (y)

Thanks Michael, I'm really pleased with this and have some big plans for this lens (y)

Matt

Great shot Matt, you finally got a Samyang then! How are you finding it? Makes me smile with every image I capture with it.

Great shot Matt, you finally got a Samyang then! How are you finding it? Makes me smile with every image I capture with it.

Thanks Ben, and yeah I've just got it a few days ago and already more and already more than in love with it (y)

Matt

Sure I commented on this Matt, :bang: liking the POV (y)

You did (y) but you commented on it on flickr (y) I'm really pleased with it :D that shows something a little different from the standard motorway light trail, I have some big plans for light trails and this lens (y)

Matt

Can I ask how you've been focusing the lens Matt, just setting it to infinity?

Nope I've been focusing based on what I have been getting through live view on stuff like this that's not changing all that much :LOL: it's amazing that often most stuff seems to be in focus (y)

Matt

Where did you purchase the lens from? I have now decided to get one, but struggling to find any retailers offering it.

:LOL::LOL: thought it was on here old age creeping up :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL: Comes to all of us Dave :D

Where did you purchase the lens from? I have now decided to get one, but struggling to find any retailers offering it.

It came up from a private seller (y) I don't know what camera you have but here is a Nikon one (y) HERE

Matt

Last edited:
Nice picture, light trails is something I'm going to have to get out and do again, especially before the light nights start coming in.

Nice picture, light trails is something I'm going to have to get out and do again, especially before the light nights start coming in.

Thank you Lee, it is the perfect time of the year for doing them as the traffic is at is peak just when the light is perfect :D

Matt

I like that one Matt, detailed colours and great sky line too, great lens for the job.

Thanks Anthony, I'm very pleased with this and the fact that I got blue lights as well :D this lens is great :D

Matt

Its better you catch those blue lights in your lens and not your rear view mirror :LOL:

I'm going to keep well and truly :muted: on that front I don't want to go tempting fate :LOL:

Back