Light Trails/Painting 1st Attempt

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Whilst I was on holiday in Scotland, I thought I would give this a go with an LED torch that I found ... click the images for larger versions.

Comments welcome ... but be gentle ;)

Number 2 must have left you with a tired arm :) Both good efforts - although I'd prefer the swirl in number 1 to have remained in the frame... and number 2 to have a little less swirl - as it's lost detail in the centre where you have that big chunk of light... If you still have the LED - do a few more!!

Number 2 must have left you with a tired arm :) Both good efforts - although I'd prefer the swirl in number 1 to have remained in the frame... and number 2 to have a little less swirl - as it's lost detail in the centre where you have that big chunk of light... If you still have the LED - do a few more!!

I was playing around indoors and so struggled to get far enough away from the camera, which is why it's off the edge. I might see if I can recover some of that very bright section in Photoshop ... any yeah, I think my wrist nearly fell off by the end of it!

Sadly I don't have that torch any more ... but I think I will add one to my xmas list!

Thanks for the comments! (y)

Weather was that bad?!

Not bad for 1st attempts. Personally, I prefer ones that light up some background or environment, so it looks like a 3d object in a surrounding.

Saw this on Gizmodo a couple of days ago, maybe give some inspiration, some amazing photos - http://gizmodo.com/5411177/74-mesmerizing-slow-shutter-shots

Some great shots in that link ... as this was the first time I had tried this, I was just playing around seeing what settings worked etc and how the images looked.

Certainly going to revisit this in the near future ... (y)

Back