Light trails with a bit extra

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

This is my first post of any photographs I have taken, this photo was taken a long time ago but is still one of my favourites excuse the lowish quality thats down to the hosting site.

Any comments are welcome :)

Scott_EdlinSlow_down_Road_V2_by_Scott_Edlin.jpg

Awesome! I really like it.
I do think though that if the illuminated slow down sign was sharper it would be better but otherwise it's an excellent shot.

Thats a great idea.
Only thing i would have changed is to rotate the camera to the right a little so you can see all of the 'slow' on the raod.

Totally agree with your comments, and thankyou for them.

I do have a shot with the SLOW in full which I might play around with.

It was one of my first attempts at a night shot and light trails, so Im fairly happy with it.

A bit too much dead space for my liking, especially when you've cropped part of the SLOW on the floor. Good idea to try and capture the lit sign although it's likely to always overexpose unless you capture it in a separate frame and layer it in. A higher vantage point might have allowed you to capture the trails as they vanish out of frame to the right.

Interesting with the illuminated sign in it (y)
I agree that the 'slow' sign being cropped doesn't help it and oh the watermark! :puke:

The photo isn't cropped, it's just how I took it using a non dslr camera and trying about 30 times, unfortunately no higher elevation would have been possible and the large hedges lining the road block the light trails to the right.

Watermark is just hosting :p a deviant art thing.

Last edited:
I love the idea (y) but there are areas for improve that have already been covered (y) but also the colours really don't seem quite right the reds seem more pink than red :shrug:

Matt
MWHCVT

Just overexposed by the looks of it, other colours seem in check

Just overexposed by the looks of it, other colours seem in check

Possibly but without seeing the settings used :thinking: it's hard to say :shrug: it's possible that it was shot with quite a wide aperture which will not have helped :shrug:

Matt

Yea I think it was, but I'm pleased with the results considering the equipment :) oh and I light painted the slow too.

Think I might go back soon and try with my dslr and decentish tripod.

Any tips for next time then?

Less exposure smaller aperture, and show full slow sign.

Back