Light Trails

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so I took some traffic trails a few months back without a tripod and without really knowing what I was doing and these were the results:

LightTrails4 by Slimethy, on Flickr

LightTrails5 by Slimethy, on Flickr

So after I bought my DSLR I got a tripod and headed out to try again, armed with some slight knowledge of aperture values yet still very much a beginner, I got these results

Light Trails (30/10/2011) by Slimethy, on Flickr

C+C very much welcome

Last edited:
Considering that the first two are done without a tripod I think that you've done a really good job with them as the only major issue is the movement from not having a tripod, I think a bit of tweaking of settings and you would have been there as they are a little bit blown also..

I like the last one you've done a rally nice job on it (y) it's a little noisy, you would have been better to drop to ISO100 rather than the 200 that you used (y)

You may want to give my guide to light trails a quick read there is a link to it in my signature (y) and welcome to the forum :wave:

Matt
MWHCVT

The camera was rested on the dashboard of my GF's car lol
I didn't have ISO 100 available, just had a quick check and I had Highlight tone priority on which makes min ISO 200. Sorted it now though.
Thanks for the comments

Back