Light Trails

If you follow these instructions this will allow you to place the image actually in the thread, that will get you more responses than expecting people to click to look at the image (y)

Flickr Insert Image on Forum by mwhcvt, on Flickr

As it is the image works well and the settings look about right, but it's not the most interesting of compositions :shrug

Matt
MWHCVT

Are you using a remote or pressing the shutter yourself? seems a bit of shake on the right hand side maybe, a remote can sort that or timer if you dont have one

I'd agree there is a small amount of movement in there at the star to the exposure which would suggest no trigger :(

Please don't take this the wrong way as I can see you are pretty new to the forum. You have captured light trails (y) but that's about it :thumbsdown:

Composition is pretty weak, the bit of a car looks odd and the location doesn't do anything to enhance the picture.

Hope you find this helpful.

Please don't take this the wrong way as I can see you are pretty new to the forum. You have captured light trails (y) but that's about it :thumbsdown:

Composition is pretty weak, the bit of a car looks odd and the location doesn't do anything to enhance the picture.

I know its a boring location, there's nowhere intresting with in walking distance of my house

Hi, there, Lee has a point but you've made a decent start at the fundamentals.

Now you just need a better location. Why not organise a meet...some friendly faces so you don't have to go to a better location alone.

Cheers.

This is exactly the reason why i never posted my first long exposure pics on here... i was over the moon with them (myself) new camera never done anything like this before & thought it was the best thing since sliced bread but didnt post them for the fear of getting slated off like this... i will post my first shot when im 12 months into it i think....

everyones to start somewhere

This is exactly the reason why i never posted my first long exposure pics on here... i was over the moon with them (myself) new camera never done anything like this before & thought it was the best thing since sliced bread but didnt post them for the fear of getting slated off like this... i will post my first shot when im 12 months into it i think....

everyones to start somewhere

Neil, getting crit isn't easy...I've had it and know exactly where you're coming from. I've posted photographs and sat back thinking, "Show me the compliments!"...and they haven't come...ggrrrr.

Really, bud, if you're happy with them...that's all that matters.

Folk here, in the main, will give you honest opinions.

I suspect your next set will be much better and that ain't BS (y)

Back