Lighting DVDs: Your chance to watch them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Light is very good.
Thinking of selling my home studio stuff to get some Westcott stuff

So is the next on the list "evilovion"? I will send them on tomorrow or Friday.

Is it just me or did anyone else have trouble opening the Joe McNally discs? The Speed of Light one works okish. Is it relevant to a Canon shooter or just Nikon? I've not watched it yet.

Andy S

Just tried searching evilovion and it says it's an invalid username!?

So is the next on the list "evilovion"? I will send them on tomorrow or Friday.

Is it just me or did anyone else have trouble opening the Joe McNally discs? The Speed of Light one works okish. Is it relevant to a Canon shooter or just Nikon? I've not watched it yet.

Andy S

Hi Andy,

I was adding them to the set in a hurry, following the standard procedure but without having time to test it.
The Speed Of Light is DVD, should play on any DVD player.
The second one will play only on PC

Last edited:
Hold on chaps, is someone saying they have added Pirated copies to the DVDs doing the rounds?

Apart from the legality point of view, this is morally wrong for Photographers who value their own copyright to be willing to sacrifice the copyright of others.

The only DVDs that should be on recodable media are those backups that ACCOMPANY the originals in order to prevent further damage to the originals.

To this end I would request that when the person that has them at the moment has completed their viewing, they are all returned to me for perusal prior to being sent onward on the list.

In future is anyone is thinking of adding to the DVDs it must be Original DVDs only or Original DVDs accompanied by backups if they are looking a little worn.

I have posted them off to evilonion this afternoon.

Ed a big thanks for the DVDs. (y) I really enjoyed the Zack Arias one.

I have PM'd evilonion (Dave) and requested that the DVDs be returned to me for a short while.

I will be adding some other DVDs to the list and finding an appropriate box for them to be sent around in.

There will also be some new rules to follow so would request that all those currently on the list would visit the NEW THREAD and make sure you are happy with the proposed conditions.

The NEW THREAD is HERE and no further additions to the list will be made from this thread, any NEW ADDITIONS will have to be requested in the NEW THREAD and under the NEW CONDITIONS.

evilonion has been in touch, he is sending them out tomorrow.

ScarySquirrel - DVDs on their way to you (just posting on the old thread as I don't think he gets noticifcations on the new thread) - check your pm

Seriously RACKED OFF, it has not even got to the second person on the list and the conditions of borrowing have not been met.

I am seriously considering pulling the plug on this thread, it would seem that decent manners and morals are sadly lacking in some individuals and the simple act of posting on the thread on receipt of the DVDs seem just too much for some people. They found it easy enough when requesting to view the DVDs.

So people, you are under a warning, if the conditions set out for borrowing the DVDs are not met again I will pull the DVDs from offer.

Seriously RACKED OFF, it has not even got to the second person on the list and the conditions of borrowing have not been met.
I think your terms are sensible and meeting them is the least we can all do (I am not picking on Nick here at all). One problem is that some people will be recieving them without having seen the new thread and without having seen this one for several months - they'll just get a PM saying they're next in line, what's your address etc.

So I wonder if it would help if it was a requirement for each of us to post in the new thread saying we accept the terms before we're sent the DVDs - ie, the person with the DVDs PMs the next in line stating that they must go to the thread, read the T&Cs and post there to say they accept them before they are allowed the DVDs (that way the terms will be fresh in their mind before receiving the DVDs).

Yes, that's a good idea. I know it perhaps seems a little petty to demand that they follow the rules but there were times in this thread that I did not know where they were, if they had been sent or even if they had been lost in the post.

I think I will also ask the Mods to close this thread to further posts as I actually meant to post my rant in the other thread.

Yes, that's a good idea. I know it perhaps seems a little petty to demand that they follow the rules but there were times in this thread that I did not know where they were, if they had been sent or even if they had been lost in the post.

I think I will also ask the Mods to close this thread to further posts as I actually meant to post my rant in the other thread.

I'd be disappointed to lose out due to others not following rules. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back