lighting gear cases

Edit My Images
No
Hi All,

I'm curious what people use for transporting their lighting stuff about.
I have several bags for the big studio stuff, that's catered for.

What I really would like to do is put together a small set, couple of short tripods, clamps, swivels, SB800's, triggers. A complete micro lighting set for slinging in the back of the car for small location jobs.

Right now I carry the flashes in a camera bag, the tripods rattle about in the car and all the other bits and bobs get stuffed in bag pockets.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a pelicase, but at a lower price, maybe even an instrument case, flightcase or gun case. A hard sided something that will have it all in one place.

Anyone ideas or suggestions?

Cheers,
Rob.

Pop into B&Q

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.j...refview=search&ts=1252160792549&isSearch=true

I've a smaller case to this in which I keep...

1 Vivitar 285
1 SB25
1 SB28
2 Westcott Compact Umbrellas (1 Reflector / 1 Diffuser)
Hotshoe Softbox
2 Umbrella mounts
4 triggers
Set of Gels
Set of foam snoots & flags
spare batteries
6 ball bungees.

I'll be switching to the case linked to above shortly so I can also get my 2 external battery packs in the one box.

The only thing I can't get in the case are the light stands.

We've got one of the longer peli cases in work Trebs and I think you'd struggle to get light stands and umbrallas in them unless you have the manfrotto/westcott double folding jobbies.

I (currently) use the bag that came with a camping style chair, but 4 stands + a load of brollies is kind of pushing its maximum... I'm tempted to just go for a proper manfrotto video tripod bag or something, loads of room and a full length zip...

Back