Lighting Modifiers Choice

Name
Tareq Alhamrani
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

This is my second post after my introduce thread in Welcome forum.

I asked this question many times in different websites but always get many answers, so i hope here i can get an answer that is stopping my confusing more.

When using Studio lighting, what modifiers do you use for: Main[Key], Fill, Hair, Background? Tell me what do you prefer to use if you use only 1 light [main/key], or 2 lights or 3 or 4 or even 10.

TBH I think this is a question that has (or should have) no answer.

Basically my approach is always the same - start with one light (and often finish with one light too), modify it to produce the effect I want, then mitigate that effect if and as necessary by using more lights, reflectors or both.

I use whichever light shaping tools produces the required result, period. That can be anything from a softbox to a standard reflector to a fresnel spot or a focussing spot, or anything in between.

TBH I think this is a question that has (or should have) no answer.

Basically my approach is always the same - start with one light (and often finish with one light too), modify it to produce the effect I want, then mitigate that effect if and as necessary by using more lights, reflectors or both.

I use whichever light shaping tools produces the required result, period. That can be anything from a softbox to a standard reflector to a fresnel spot or a focussing spot, or anything in between.

What this guy said!

Ah i see, ok.

Then i will keep using whatever i have, and i don't think i need special things or modifiers for most lighting works.

Thanks!

Back