lightning strikes thrice

Edit My Images
Yes
hey hey

3 views of the same lightning struck tree. :wave:

DSC_1804_edited-1.jpg

DSC_1820_edited-1.jpg

DSC_1823-copy_edited-1.jpg

I like the first one and the way the tree is the main focus of your image, it works in black and white as well although I find the upper branches getting a bit lost in the dark sky.

I am afraid the other two just don't do it for me, if it was not for your title I would struggle to see the main focus point of the shots. Sorry

The 3rd is lovely. Only crit, would like a deeper blue in the sky, but I know you can't play god with the weather.

Well done,

G.

No 1 is the best. A nice B&W conversion, but what works against the composition is that the tree is too tightly cropped. To improve the image I would suggest to expanded the crop a tad to show the all of branches and also to clone out the telegraph post in the mid ground. improvement as would.

No 2 the same crop/clone comments as above would be suggested. Good perspective with nice tones in the corn and sky.

No 3 again the coning out of the telegraph posts, some PP work to the sky to bring out the clouds more. The corn looks a bit flat and could do with a bit more punch. The tractor track gives a nice lead into the image.

#1 for me, just shows we're all different ;)

The B&W works well but would have liked to see the rest of the tree rather than the tight crop.

Cheers,

Neil

i say #3, only as you've managed to chop off a little of the tree in #1 and #2

if all the tree was in #1, that'd be my fave.

I think the first one works best, the third one would have been better if you have maybe crouched down a little like the viewpint from number 2 :)

Definitly #1 even though the crop is a bit tight.

The starknes of the BW shot emphasizes the title, and the angle gives the shot more presence.

cheers guys and gals.

i appreciate all the input and i have taken onboard all the constructive criticism. i really like it when people have differences of opinion on which pic is the best.

thats art for ya!! :clap:

Back