Lightroom 2 - Are the american & british product different?

BOM

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey Guys,

Was just thinking of buying lightroom 2, its £205 in the UK or $299 in the US. Based on the current conversion rate the US price works out at £160.

Does anyone know of any differences between to two versions?

If not I'll get the US version and save myself £45.

Cheers,
Steve.

I think you've answered your own question - the difference is £45. I doubt very, very much if there is any other difference.

Of course the Customs folk might want a wee cut!

...I understand that we should pay VAT, but in a global market I do wonder how long this can go on. I also note that some US companies have started charging VAT for UK customers - even for downloads. Lets hope IRC get the tax and bot just the company.

Chris

Unfortunately, before you even get to downloading from Adobe US, you have to place your order and have to use your UK address for delivery and also for card payment at that point you will get re-directed to Adobe UK.

There is no difference between the UK and US download versions of Lightroom 2 and is a good program.

Suggest that you download the 30 day trial version - which is a full working version and decide for yourself.

Tom

Lets hope IRC get the tax and bot just the company.

Actually, it's our very own HMRC that get the money. A couple of years ago - maybe less - an agreement was made between the UK and US whereby UK customers get charged 17.5% VAT (rather than the 6-7% US Sales Tax) which is collected by the IRS for HMRC.

Unfortunately, before you even get to downloading from Adobe US, you have to place your order and have to use your UK address for delivery and also for card payment at that point you will get re-directed to Adobe UK.

There is no difference between the UK and US download versions of Lightroom 2 and is a good program.

Suggest that you download the 30 day trial version - which is a full working version and decide for yourself.

Tom

Not true you can enter a us address (plenty of them on the web) and then use a UK credit card topay as I have done on many occassions.

Not true you can enter a us address (plenty of them on the web) and then use a UK credit card topay as I have done on many occassions.

My experience with the Adobe US site on several occasions does not concur with this.

Back