Lightroom 5 - issues exporting files

Edit My Images
No
Yesterday I tried to export my selected files and Lightroom indicated that it was & did export all 218 images to the designated folder but it turns out that only 168 were actually exported

If anyone could shed any light on this I would greatly appreciate it?

Check carefully whether you may have included identical files already exported to this destination.

I sorted it ...for some reason itwouldnotexportallofthefiletomyexternalhard drive, once I sent the destination to my desktop it was fine!

But why should it make a difference with external hard drive? To answer this question, I was doing some searches on Google and I found a potential answer on Adobe TV. The video tutorial explains if you want to copy or move files from your Lightroom (using internal HD) to your external HD, you need to add your external HD into Lightroom first. If you do it this way, I hope your files will also be exported successfully to your external HD. You can give it a go and if you've found it positive, please share.

The video from Adobe TV is here, http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-eva...files-to-an-external-hard-drive-in-lightroom/

But why should it make a difference with external hard drive? To answer this question, I was doing some searches on Google and I found a potential answer on Adobe TV. The video tutorial explains if you want to copy or move files from your Lightroom (using internal HD) to your external HD, you need to add your external HD into Lightroom first. If you do it this way, I hope your files will also be exported successfully to your external HD. You can give it a go and if you've found it positive, please share.

The video from Adobe TV is here, http://tv.adobe.com/watch/adobe-eva...files-to-an-external-hard-drive-in-lightroom/

That video is talking about moving files with lightroom. Not exporting the files as per the OP's question

The video does not address the question but it definitely provides a better way of working for me!

I usually import my images into LR with all the files linked (stored directly) onto my external drive, so LR does recognise it. My issue was that all of the images were not being exported - the ones that were however managed to find their way to the designated folder on my external drive.

I'm confused because this is the frat time that I have ever encountered this problem.

its odd, I know its a silly question but had you managed to select everything? or the other thing that springs to mind. Where there already clashing filenames in the export folder that made you skip exporting again?

I definitely manages to select all of the files for export but I will have to look into the clashing file names ....I doubt that there were any clashes though!

Back