Lightroom 6 (6.9) camera profiles

Edit My Images
No
Probably a very simple answer to this but I am still a relative novice with LR. If I import (say) Canon RAW files, in the toolbar I have various options with profiles, incl Adobe Std, Camera Std, Camera Neutral, etc.
However, when importing RAW files from a Panasonic G3, I only have the Adobe Std profle to choose - no other options are presented.
I am obvioulsy missing something and/or have a lack of understanding as to why this should be.
Any help/guidance greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Everyone gets the Adobe Std one, the others that are available depends on your camera model - Adobe ship some profiles by default (for example the additional Camera Neutral etc in your case), these are intended to match the in camera jpeg settings, but you will only get these options if the profile matches the camera data in the raw file.

For example, on my Fuji XPRO 2, I have Camera ACROS for example as a profile I can select, but if I load a raw file from my Fuji X100T (which doesn't have that simulation in camera), that option is not available.

You can install additional camera profiles if you can find them on the web. The linked website below claims to sell versions for your camera, how good they are, I don't know.

http://www.colorfidelity.com/panasonic.htm

Many thanks for the detailed reply, David.
This makes sense now. The G3 was used only for a short time and I no longer own it, so I won't be purchasing any profiles.
However, really helpful to know that when I buy a replacement I may or may not see prolfiles already in LR.
Stuart

Back