Lightroom 6 - anywhere left to buy

Name
D
Edit My Images
Yes
Looks like i might have procrastinated too long on buying stand alone light room 6 - currys seemed to be the only place still selling it and i've had terrible problems - the activation code wasn't being sent thru and then i spent 50mins on the phone going round in circles and they said they would call to resolve it and they have called, left a message an then cancelled the order when i made it quite clear i did not want to cancel it.

has anyone seen it for sale stand alone anywhere else. i can't believe I've procrastinated and lost out. what a wally.

Be careful though - it's still Lightroom 6 and will not load directly images from recent cameras. It doesn't have all the updates from Lightroom CC. I still use it and it's very good but I have an EOS 5D Mklll so ok with that.

It's £20 more than I was paying at Currys, and if i can get it, then that's a bonus. I have some nectar points and i can offset the cost.

I don't have a recent camera and nor will i probably get one in the near future, and it would still be an older model, so i'm not terrible fussed about that. I doubt i'd go newer than a MKIII or MK4 but not in the near or distant probably future....

thanks @Sky -i'd thought about ebay but had looked to other retailers first cos of dodgy dealings but think it's my only choice now - thanks for the reminder :)

Reactions: Sky
Why would you pay £140 for four year old software that is no longer supported? You can get two years of Adobe CC membership for that price if you shop around.

@tijuana taxi it's not available from adobe anymore, or i would buy direct from them, that's the issue.

@RichardC27 because for me, it's not cost effective - I am not a professional, or make money from my photography, its just a hobby, sometimes i don't use lightroom for months, so paying £10 a month for something I don't use is akin to paying for a gym membership that i don't use. I am still using photoshop CS2, it suits me fine, despite the fact its over 10 years old. Each to their own - i don't need the latest software so cannot justify the ongoing cost. You may be able to get 2 years of CC for that price, but what about the next decade plus that i may well want to use the software. If it works for you, thats cool, but it doesn't work for me.

Last edited:
Why would you pay £140 for four year old software that is no longer supported? You can get two years of Adobe CC membership for that price if you shop around.

What support do you need if as the OP says he doesn't plan on getting any new cameras?
I still use it and does all I need, what would I gain from the subscription version?

@tijuana taxi it's not available from adobe anymore, or i would buy direct from them, tha'ts the issue.

@dan_yell I know that, but I am talking about the updates, the disc will be version 6.1 and you can get up to v6.14
Usually you can update direct from the Lightroom program, but it no longer works and you have to get it from the Adobe site

Last edited:
ACK! i have ordered from ebay but seller has now informed me there could be a 3 week or more wait.... sigh. i really did procrastinate too much.. doh! i just hope i def get it...

Looks like i might have procrastinated too long on buying stand alone light room 6 - currys seemed to be the only place still selling it and i've had terrible problems - the activation code wasn't being sent thru and then i spent 50mins on the phone going round in circles and they said they would call to resolve it and they have called, left a message an then cancelled the order when i made it quite clear i did not want to cancel it.

has anyone seen it for sale stand alone anywhere else. i can't believe I've procrastinated and lost out. what a wally.

I had exactly the same problem last week with Curry’s, they eventually refunded me and told me to try reordering.

I decided against it, was going to buy on eBay but got a bit nervous as the last one I did I got ripped off and agin had to get a refund.

@Spiderdudeuk Currys pretty s*** all round then - leaving it on sale when there is clearly a problem - why would anyone re order with their shambles operation.

Hoping after the 3 week lead time will. Pay off and I'll still get it..... I hope.... There's a site called comweb in Wales but never heard of it and who knows if they have it in stock either as currys are liars and comweb seems a bit random.

Amazon has stopped selling the activation codes by email, too, formerly available for around £104. Some scalper now wants £200 for the boxed version...

Few places in Europe selling it, the place Canon Bob mentioned sounded reliable.

Back