Lightroom 6 editing help required

Name
Iain
Edit My Images
Yes
Greenock pier.jpg

I'm trying to edit the above image in lightroom 6.
I've taken my usual heavy handed approach to editing but I'm struggling with the mountains covered in snow. If possible I would like to enhance them- make them standout more from the background sky. I've tried adjustment brushes, the grad and round filters but nothing seems to make them pop. I've also used the dehaze plug-in extra

Any help/advice would be appreciated

Iain

Well, the best option is to go back when the light's doing what you want it to.

Failing that, I'd guess very selectively increasing exposure is the easy way to pick them out. Zoom to 100% and use a small adjustment brush to highlight edges and details on the side the light is coming from.
Hi James, thanks for your reply,
I should have taken another image at the time focusing on the background- then tried to merge them in PP. Lesson learned
I have tried with a brush but couldn't get the effect I was looking for. I'll try again and use it as a opportunity to improve my processing skills

Cheers

Iain

You could use luminosity masks. It's a steep learning curve but it's a good thing to know.

Download the free Nik Collection and use the Detail Extractor or Tonal Contrast filters in Color Efex Pro?
Just be careful, it's incredibly easy to overdo it and introduce all kinds of artefacts.
Thanks Simon,
I've got the Nik collection but for some reason I've never used the color efex pro.
I'll give it a try and hopefully manage to curb my usual heavy handed approach to PP

Thanks again

Iain

Back